Friday, November 6, 2009

Fall Fishing in the SW and Real Estate

Early November and the weather is in the 60's each day. Now that hunting season is winding down a bit (although I am headed to New Mexico deer hunting next week and Oryx hunting in mid-December) the fishing bug begins to set in. Late Fall may be one of the best times as there tends to be few people and wonderful water/weather conditions. I received two reports from the San Juan River quality waters that the fishing is incredible with one report from my friend and guide, AC, estimating 40 hookups per day. The San Juan is world class fishing and I'm betting that there are only a handful of fisherman on the river today...not a bad option! Especially considering there is probably a good chance for a late afternoon hatch as we have a low front moving in this weekend.

However, because of time and responsibilities today, I am opting for a few hour frame on the Animas River Gold Medal waters south of Durango. I am going to try terrestrial droppers behind a large Stimulator and see if I can get some of the large Browns that have just finished their Fall dance to take advantage of the last days before winter. I will let you know how the day was and I hope you are doing the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment